To bring people together to share insights and experience on poverty issues and the task of ending poverty in Saskatchewan, on Wednesday October 17, 2018 Poverty Free Saskatchewan, in partnership with the Saskatchewan Council for International Cooperation, held the conference Be Part of the Solution: Let’s End Poverty!
Poster PFS Conference Oct 2018 poster final
PFS Conference Oct 2018 poster speakers
- Dr. Lori Hanson, Faculty, Community Health and Epidemiology in the University of Saskatchewan College of Medicine: Austerity and Health
- Dr Rachel Engler-Stringer, Faculty, Community Health and Epidemiology in the University of Saskatchewan College of Medicine: Food Security and Student Poverty
- Cora Sellers, Carmichael Outreach, Regina: Poverty from the Front Lines, the Current Crisis
- Janice Boughen and Heather Turcotte, Partners to End Poverty, Nipawin: Poverty in Saskatchewan, A Rural Perspective
- Roberta Fehr, Equal Justice for All, Saskatoon: Defending the Rights of People in Poverty
- Peter Gilmer, Poverty Free Saskatchewan and the Regina Anti-Poverty Ministry: An Act to Eliminate Poverty in Saskatchewan from a Human Rights Perspective.
- Nairn MacKay, Poverty Free Saskatchewan and End Poverty Regina : Anti-Poverty Work, Stigma and “Political Will”
- Paul Gingrich, Poverty Free Saskatchewan, Professor Emeritus, Department of Sociology and Social Studies, University of Regina, will give us an update on poverty statistics and the living wage
- Brian Banks, Poverty Free Saskatchewan, will provide an update on PFS goals and activities
Thanks to our donors and sponsors!
- Saskatchewan Council for International Cooperation
- Takeaway Gourmet
- Happy Hi Coffee
- Italian Star Deli
- Regina Education and Action on Child Hunger
- Regina Public Interest Research Group